Network Services & Products
This page provides several examples of our product knowledge and affiliation.
Let our experience work for you!
PSINet Internet Integration Partner
PSI has the distinction of being the very first commercial Internet Provider, and has continued to innovate in public/private network design. CBSS is PSINet's most experienced Integration partner in the Houston area, having successfully completed hundreds of Internet-related projects.
Compaq Authorized Sales & Service
CBSS, Inc. is the premier Compaq Authorized Sales and Service Center in West Houston. We offer all Compaq server, desktop, workstation, and portable business models, the Netelligent network connectivity line, and perform Authorized service on all Compaq models. Clients call from a 400-mile radius for our unique quality.
Hewlett Packard Authorized Sales
We offer the full line of Hewlett Packard products for the enterprise, including servers, workstations, desktops, portables, printers, scanners, and network equipment.
Novell Authorized Sales & Service
Our expertise with Novell products began with NetWare 86, back when NetWare ran on the XT. Today, we design specialized IntraNetWare servers & networks for 2 to 20,000 PCs, connecting users across the hall to servers across the country.
Microsoft Authorized Sales & Service
When we first began using PCs, all software was provided by IBM. Now, most software on every PC is from Microsoft. We construct reliable solutions for the enterprise, utilizing all Microsoft products including Windows NT Server 4.0 and the BackOffice suite.
Network Computing Devices
Connecting computers to Unix systems is a perennial issue for many networks. NCD software connects PCs to hosts via their X-Windows technology. NCD's X-Terminal devices provide a low-cost solution for those requiring simple X-Windows workstations.
Just listing the manufacturers we represent does little to demonstrate our range of skills and experience. Here are some of our strengths for comparison with your current consultant or systems integrator.
- Mission-critical, fault-tolerant strategies and solutions
- Advanced troubleshooting of network equipment and issues
- Compaq, IBM, HP, Netframe, & many other server platforms
- Bay Networks, Cisco, IBM, & other switches and routers
- Data General Sniffer & other network analyzers
- Design, planning, & administration of LANs and WANs
- Configuration and setup of high performance networks
- Contract on-site LAN support personnel
- Analysis of existing LAN/WAN
- Analysis of projected network growth and needs
- Software deployment, implementation, and metering
- Performance troubleshooting and tuning for PCs, LANs, and software
- Hardware/software upgrades and installations
- Resolution of user issues
- Troubleshooting of PCs and peripherals
- Novell Authorized Sales and Service
- Design, specification, and implementation of NetWare networks
- Advanced network designs for users of NetWare Directory Services
- Advanced administration and troubleshooting of all versions of NetWare
- Network printing, CD-ROM, and other resource-sharing solutions
- Netware for 2 users to 20,000 users - Versions 86 to 4.11
- Internet connectivity for IntraNetWare servers
- Netware for SAA & Netware/IP
- NetWare Connect for remote computing
- Windows NT Workstation and Server 3.1 - 4.0
- Specialized Security and Reliability Consulting for NT Servers
- Windows 95 A & B
- Windows for Workgroups 3.11
- Windows 2.0 through 3.11
- RAS, Winsock & TCP/IP - including custom Internet connectivity
- Network printing solutions
- Large SQL Server implementations
- Exchange, MS Mail, Excel, FoxPro, Word, Access
- Microsoft programming languages and ODBC connectivity
Specific Environments and Equipment
- Star, bus, ring, & combination LAN topologies
- Monolithic, ODI, VLM, Client32, NDIS, & other network drivers
- ARCNet, Ethernet, Token-Ring, ATM, FDDI, & other frame types
- Coax, twisted-pair, Cat. 1-5, & fiber media
- IPX/SPX, NLSP, OSPF, TCP/IP, NetBios/NetBEUI, & other protocols
- Routers, hubs, bridges, MAUs, CSU/DSUs, & other WAN equipment
- SNMP and MIBs - NetView, Compaq, HP, & other LAN management platforms
- DOS, Windows, OS/2, Apple, & Unix connectivity
- All RAID levels, software and hardware-based
- Fault-tolerant systems such as NetFrame and Netware SFT Level III
- Network printing solutions - hardware and software
- 3270 emulators and other mainframe connectivity products
- NASI, NACS, Netware Connect, and other modem pooling solutions
- Palindrome, Cheyenne enterprise backup solutions
- Castelle network fax and other dial-up solutions
- Ascend remote access products
- Proprietary and special-purpose applications
This will take you Back.
Please send E-Mail to Webmaster with any questions, comments, or inquiries about this Web site. This site is designed to have a consistent appearance across most platforms - please let us know if it does not work well in your browser. All materials without copyright notices are the property of CBSS, Inc., Copyright 1998.
This page last updated 4.6.98